An All-Inclusive Guide to Change Linksys Velop Password
Linksys manufactures innumerable networking devices to satisfy the internet needs of people across the globe. For an easy setup, all Linksys devices come with a preset password. But, for security reasons, users are advised to change the password of their Linksys devices. In this post, we will provide you with the guidelines to change the Linksys Velop password. Continue reading.
Steps to Change Linksys Velop Password
Given below are the step-by-step guidelines to change Linksys Velop password:
Open a Web Browser
To change the Linksys Velop password, you need to access the router’s web interface. Therefore, open a web browser on your PC, and move the cursor to the URL field. Now, type the Linksys router default web address and hit Enter.
Perform Linksys Velop Login
The moment you press the Enter key, you will be prompted to log in to your Linksys Velop tri-band router. So, enter the default username and password of your Linksys Velop device into the given fields and click Log In. You will get redirected to the Velop’s web interface.
Change Router Settings
On the Linksys Velop’s web-based management page, look for the Connectivity option under the Router Settings menu. Click the option to reveal several details of your Linksys Velop router. Click the Basic tab and select the Edit option next to Admin Password. Now, enter the strongest passphrase you prefer. Thereafter, click the Apply button and let the changes become effective.
Quick Tip: Linksys facilitates its users to create a hint for the password, in case they forget the login password. So, if you often forget passwords, then we suggest you use the Password Hint option before saving the changes.
In this way, you can change the Linksys Velop password. Remember that the default password of your Linksys Velop router will no longer be applicable after making amendments. So, use the new password to log in to your Linksys Velop router.
Note: No matter whether you have performed Linksys Velop AX4200 setup or own any other Velop router, the procedure to change the password remains the same.
Did you get success in changing the Linksys Velop password? No? It looks like you got stuck somewhere. No worries! Get in touch with our experts or try the following hacks to troubleshoot the issue on your own:
Facing Trouble Changing Linksys Velop Password?
- Start troubleshooting the problem by checking the adequacy of the power supply. For this, pay attention to the wall outlet and see whether it is in a working state or not. If not, then either get it repaired or plug the Linksys Velop router into another wall socket.
- Do yourself some favor and temporarily disable antivirus software and firewall on the PC you’re using to change the Linksys Velop password.
- Ensure that you are having access to a lag-free internet connection. For confirmation, verify that the Linksys Velop tri-band router is getting proper WiFi signals from the existing modem.
- Is the web browser you are using to change the Velop’s password updated? Probably not. So, consider updating the web browser before changing the Velop’s default password.
- Check that the current web browser you’re using is not accumulated with cache, cookies, and browsing history. If it is, then consider clearing them immediately by navigating to the Settings section of the web browser.
- Make sure that you are using the URL bar of the web browser to access the Linksys Velop login page instead of the search bar.
- Do not commit typos while entering the default login credentials of your Linksys Velop router. Keep in mind that they are case-sensitive and can halt you from reaching the Linksys Velop’s web interface.
- Avoid opening plenty of tabs on the web browser or unplug your Linksys Velop from the wall outlet while changing the default password.
- Also, ensure that the Linksys Velop tri-band router is placed away from devices causing WiFi interference. Therefore, do not place the router near microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, cordless phones, etc.
This leads us to the end of our guide on changing the Linksys Velop password. We hope that you’ll be able to change the password of your Linksys Velop router using the steps discussed above. However, if you are still unable to do so, feel free to contact our experts.