In-Depth Guide to Perform Linksys Velop Firmware Update
Due to the advancement of technology, the devices we use today might become obsolete or irrelevant tomorrow. To make pace with newer technologies, we need to switch to Linksys Velop routers. But, switching to Linksys routers is not a feasible solution always. That is why the option of performing firmware update came into being. Linksys rolls out a new firmware version periodically so that users can upgrade their Velop routers and make the most of them. If you also own a Linksys Velop router, then we've got you covered. Here, we will provide you with an in-depth guide to help you update the Linksys Velop firmware. So, let's get started.
Before You Update Linksys Velop Firmware
You need to make a few arrangements before updating the Velop's firmware. Here are the prerequisites that you need to fulfill to do so:
- A non-damaged wall socket to power up your Linksys Velop router.
- An Ethernet cable or a wireless source to create a connection between the Linksys Velop router and modem.
- A computer or laptop to access the Linksys Velop login page.
- The default web address of your Velop router.
- The default username and password of the router to perform Linksys Velop login.
Once you get access to the things mentioned above, head towards the instructions mentioned below to perform Linksys Velop firmware update.
Steps to Update Linksys Velop Firmware
Note: By default, the automatic firmware upgrade option is enabled on the Linksys Velop router due to which each node will be upgraded on the availability of new firmware. Just in case, you have disabled this feature, these guidelines will also help you in enabling the automatic firmware update on the Linksys Velop.
- Plug your Linksys Velop router into the wall outlet and switch it on.
- Wait for the power LED on your Linksys Velop router to become stable.
- Now, consider connecting your Linksys Velop router and the modem using a wired or a wireless source.
- Switch on your PC or laptop.
- Launch a web browser you prefer.
- Go to the address field.
- Type the Linksys Velop router's default web address and press Enter.
- The Linksys Velop login page will appear.
- Here, you need to enter the Linksys router login password and username. So, enter the required details into their respective fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will be taken to the Velop dashboard.
- Now, navigate to the Router Settings menu.
- Click the Connectivity option.
Note: After clicking Connectivity, you will find the Automatic option. So, click it to ensure that automatic firmware upgrades will take place for your Linksys Velop router in the future.
- Thereafter, click the Check for Updates button.
- Your Linksys Velop router will check for the availability of new firmware.
- You will be notified if a new firmware is available for your Linksys Velop router.
- Now, select Update.
- The Linksys Velop firmware will get updated within a few minutes.
In this way, you can perform firmware upgrade on your Linksys Velop router. Just in case, you have installed multiple Linksys Velop nodes on your home network, you need to select the node before clicking the Update button.
Did you get success in updating the Linksys Velop firmware with the help of the above-mentioned guidelines? No? In that scenario, give a read to the troubleshooting hacks discussed below.
Can't Update Linksys Velop Firmware?
- Before heading towards the Linksys Velop firmware update process, make sure that none of the devices on your home network is placed in a WiFi-interference zone.
- The web browser used to access the Linksys Velop login page should not be accumulated with cache, cookies, and browsing history. Above all, it should be running on its updated version.
- The default username and password of your Linksys Velop router should be entered correctly. In case, you have installed Linksys Velop AC2200 router at home, you need to refer to its user manual to know the correct default login credentials.
- Avoid doing anything with your Linksys Velop router until and unless the firmware update process does not get completed and the device is not ready for use.
By referring to the troubleshooting hacks mentioned above you'll surely be able to perform Linksys Velop firmware update. However, if you are not able to do so, reach out to our technicians without wasting any time.