Linksys AC1200 Setup
Linksys AC1200 extenders have received a huge positive response from netizens. One can’t deny the fact that they are capable of providing internet speeds up to 1200 Mbps even in the dead zones of the house. The corners which were once declared boring due to poor internet speeds have been reported to be turn-out fun zones after performing Linksys AC1200 setup. Therefore, you should surely invest in a Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender and set it up in your house if you want to access a blazing-fast internet connection in every nook and cranny.
More About Linksys AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Apart from offering wireless internet speeds up to 1200 Mbps, the AC1200 Linksys extender is full of a hoard of features. Here are some of the best features that Linksys range extender houses to provide a top-notch WiFi experience to its users:
Beamforming Technology: It helps the extender to focus its signals on the targeted device efficiently.
Spot Finder Technology: The user can easily locate the best location of the Linksys WiFi extender AC1200 with the help of this unique feature.
Dual Band Usage: The extender uses both bands [2.4GHz and 5GHz] simultaneously to facilitate faster propagation of wireless signals throughout the house.
Methods to Do Linksys AC1200 Setup
Users can install their Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender using three approaches. The first one is called the manual method and involves the assessment of the extender’s web-based management utility. In the second setup method, the user puts a mobile application named Linksys to use whereas the third method of performing Linksys WiFi extender AC1200 setup only needs the push of buttons. However, your host router needs to be WPS supported if you wish to install your range extender via the last approach.
Before You Setup AC1200 Linksys Extender
Prior to commencing the Linksys AC1200 setup process, we want you to make aware of its prerequisites. It will ensure that you complete the installation of your range extender without any difficulty. Here are Linksys extender setup prerequisites:
- The default web address and the admin details of the Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender
- An Ethernet cable to connect the extender and router [for setup via a web browser or app]
- A computer or mobile phone
- An already configured router or cable-modem router
- Your AC1200 Linksys extender
How to Do Linksys AC1200 Setup Manually?
Since the manual method of installing the Linksys WiFi extender AC1200 requires the user to access the web-based management utility, the involvement of an internet browser is required. Given below are the steps that you need to follow while installing the AC1200 Linksys extender. However, if you find yourself in a problem during the setup process, know that our experts have always got your back.
- After unpacking your Linksys extender, connect it to the host router via an Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the connection is not shaky.
- Now, load an internet browser on the computer and access extender.linksys.com.
- You can also use the IP address of your Linksys WiFi extender AC1200.
- On the extender’s login page, input the required info and select Log in or OK.
- The dashboard of your AC1200 Linksys extender will take up the charge to guide you further.
How to Setup AC1200 Linksys Extender via Linksys App?
This method of setting up the range extender requires you to install the latest version of the Linksys app. Additionally, you need to ensure that the mobile device used in the process is fully charged. Here are the steps that will assist you with the process of downloading the Linksys app and using it for the Linksys AC1200 setup:
- Create a connection between the extender and router as mentioned in the manual method.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone and search for the Linksys app in the app store.
- Download the app from the displayed results.
- Launch the app and log in to your Linksys AC1200 WiFi range extender using the default info.
- You will be able to see the dashboard of the extender.
- Walk through the instructions appearing on the screen and set up your range extender.
Linksys AC1200 Setup via WPS Method
This method is considered the easiest method to set up the AC1200 Linksys extender. Give a shot at the instructions mentioned below to set up your Linksys extender using the WPS approach:
- Place the Linksys WiFi extender AC1200 in the range of the host router.
- Switch on both WiFi devices.
- Look for the button named “WPS” on the AC1200 Linksys extender and push it.
- Find the button with the same label on the host router and press it.
- The Linksys AC1200 setup process completes.
This is how you can set up your Linksys WiFi range extender AC1200 using three different approaches. It is expected that you will be able to make your device up and running easily. However, if there is something that is stopping you from completing the Linksys AC1200 setup process, get in touch with our team.