Linksys RE6300 Setup | AC750
You can boost your existing internet signal in our home by simply installing Linksys RE6300 range extender. It is extremely easy to do the Linksys RE6300 setup. Setting up the device means getting your Linksys extender acquainted to your home network. This process will enable your Linksys RE6300 having access to your existing home network. There are three main ways using which you can set up your Linksys RE6300 range extender. These are:
- Browser based setup
- Linksys App Setup
- WPS method of setup
Browser Based Linksys RE6300 Manual Setup Method
Linksys RE6300 manual method setup has the following steps:
- First and foremost, turn the power on to your Linksys RE6300. Do so by connecting the power adapter into the power socket securely. Make no loose connections.
- In the address field of the browser, type the login web address http://extender.linksys.com and hit the Enter key.
- Here, enter the default username and password carefully without making any spelling mistakes.
- Click on the Log In button.
- This will take you to the Linksys RE6300 setup wizard.
- Click on Start Setup.
- Rest all you need to do is follow the instructions displayed on your computer screen and this will complete your Linksys RE6300 setup process.
Note: In the Manual method of Linksys RE6300 setup, you can also use the default IP address instead of the web address http://extender.linksys.com to go to the Linksys extender setup wizard.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Using Linksys App
Linksys app is also available which can be used to do the initial setup of the Linksys extender and is also used to control and manage the device after setting up. This can be downloaded on your smart phone easily. To do Linksys AC750 setup using the app, follow the under-given procedure:
- Take your smart phone and look for Linksys app in the Play Store, if you have a windows/Android phone and App Store, if you own an Apple phone.
- Download it.
- Once it is downloaded, launch it.
- This will straightaway ask you to enter the Linksys admin login username and password.
- Without any typos, enter the default login credentials.
- Tap on Log in.
- You will land on Linksys RE6300 setup wizard.
- Do what is being prompted on the mobile phone screen to get the setup process done.
Once you are done with the Linksys RE6300 setup process, access its network on as many devices as you want.
Linksys RE6300 Setup Using WPS Method
This remains the easiest way to get the Linksys RE6300 setup done. Here is how it is done:
- Locate the WPS button on the Linksys AC750.
- Press it.
- Locate the WPS button on the Linksys router.
- Press it.
This completes Linksys RE6300 setup process using the WPS method.
Although, it is very easy to set up your Linksys AC750 using any of the three methods described above, but sometimes, getting the process done may be prevented due to certain unknown reasons. To troubleshoot any such situation, here are a few guidelines using which you can get away with the setup process efficiently.
Troubleshooting Linksys RE6300 Setup Issues
To troubleshoot issues with your Linksys RE6300 setup, check the following:
1. Power Supply- Ensure that you are receiving a non-fluctuating power supply. Also, make a check on the power socket for any damages.
2. Internet Connection- Make sure that there is a trouble-free internet supply to your device.
3. Ethernet Cable- Verify that there is no fault on the Ethernet cable. Apart from this, be certain that the cable is inserted properly into the respective ports.
4. Extender Router Distance- Be sure of having an appropriate distance between the Linksys RE6300 extender and the router. The Linksys extender should be placed within the range of the router. However, the distance should not be very less causing interference in their signals.
5. Web Address- Make sure that you are entering the correct web address to set up your Linksys RE6300. Check that there are no spelling errors while typing in the web address or the IP address into the address bar.
6. Web Browser- Cache gets collected into the browser over time. This, sometimes, prevents certain web pages to open. Clear the cache before attempting to open the Linksys WiFi extender setup page. Additionally, consider updating the web browser, before you try to do Linksys RE6300 setup.
These were some of the tips and tricks which you can try if you are experiencing issues with your Linksys RE6300 setup process. However, you can always get in touch with our proficient technical team to get your setup related issues fixed.