Linksys RE6700 Setup
Looking to boost the existing WiFi in your home? Get the Linksys RE6700 setup done and get amplified WiFi throughout your home. Linksys extender RE6700 is becoming the favorite of many due to its top-notch performance. To begin accessing its network, you first need to set it up with the existing home network. This page is meant to guide you through the Linksys RE6700 extender setup process. Keep reading further to know how you can perform Linksys extender setup.
Linksys RE6700 Setup: Prerequisites
Before you carry on with the Linksys wireless extender setup RE6700, know what the prerequisites to complete the setup process are. Taking care of the prerequisites beforehand will help you avoid any hindrances during the procedure.
- An already set up host router/gateway
- Ethernet cable
- Non-fluctuating power supply
- Stable internet connection
- Smart device like computer or laptop
- Linksys extender login details
Linksys RE6700 Extender Setup: Methods
You can perform the Linksys WiFi range extender RE6700 setup using any of the three methods:
- Web-based GUI method
- Linksys app
- WPS method
Linksys RE6700 Manual Setup: Web-Based GUI Method
- Commence the Linksys WiFi range extender RE6700 setup process by unboxing the extender. In the box, you will find the Linksys extender as well as the Linksys RE6700 manual.
- Place the Linksys wireless range extender into the same room as that of the host Linksys router.
- Plug the Linksys RE6700 extender into an active power socket available in the room.
- Turn the power button on.
- Wait till the lights get stable. This suggests that the extender is ready to be set up.
- Supply power to the host router as well.
- Use the Ethernet cable and establish a firm connection between the router and the extender.
- Turn on the PC now.
- Load an updated and supported web browser. Here is a list of supported browsers:
- Google Chrome latest version
- Internet Explorer 8
- Safari 5
- Mozilla Firefox 8 or higher
- In the URL bar of the supported browser, type the login web address extender.linksys.com or the default IP address.
- The Linksys extender login window will pop up.
- Type the login credentials. You can refer to the Linksys RE6700 manual to get the default login credentials.
- Click on Login.
- Keep following the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the Linksys WiFi range RE6700 extender setup.
This completes the Linksys RE6700 setup using the web address http://extender.linksys.com.
Linksys RE6700 Setup: Linksys App Method
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Tap on the Play Store or App Store.
- Search for Linksys app.
- Download the app.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- Enter the login credentials and tap on the Login button.
- On the Linksys extender dashboard, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the Linksys WiFi range extender RE6700 setup process.
Linksys RE6700 Setup: WPS Method
- Connect the Linksys extender RE6700 to an active wall socket.
- Turn its power button on.
- When the lights on the extender are stable, the extender is ready to be set up.
- Now, locate the WPS button on the Linksys RE6700 extender. Push it.
- In the same manner, locate and push the WPS button on the router.
There you go! The Linksys RE6700 setup is completed using the WP method.
Linksys RE6700 Setup Done! What’s Next?
After you have performed the Linksys extender RE6700 setup, there are few things that you need to do:
1. Relocate RE6700
You can now relocate your extender to a new place in your home. During the setup process, the extender and router were placed in the same room. The whole purpose of the extender is to extend the existing WiFi network in the areas of the home that couldn’t have WiFi access. So, move the Linksys RE6700 near such place that experiences WiFi dead zones. But, while you are moving your extender, make sure that you are not moving it away from the host router. This is because the extender takes in the signal from the router and expands it further. This is possible only when it can receive the signal from the router. So you need to place the extender within the router’s range. You got to choose an appropriate location which is in between the router and the areas with dead spots.
2. Change the Login Password
The default login password is available all over the internet. It is the same for almost all Linksys extenders. So, to keep your network secure, change the Linksys extender login password. Thus, access the Linksys extender dashboard and modify the login password. Make sure you are using a strong password.
3. Update Firmware
You need to make sure that your RE6700 Linksys WiFi range extender is running on the most recent version of the firmware. Thus if any updates are ready to be done, then get them installed on your extender right away.
This is all about how to perform Linksys Wireless Extender setup RE6700 with the home network. If you want additional info on how to update firmware on your Linksys RE6700 extender, getting in touch with our technical team will help.